HOW TO APPLY
We are always looking for people with a passion for the ocean that want to make a difference in this world. To apply for our program you need to be minimum 18 years old. The good thing is that no previous experience or qualifications are necessary but we do require that you are reasonably fit to cope with tasks on land in the tropical heat and the lifting of dive tanks. If you would like to do your PADI Open Water Course as part of our program you need to be able swim 200 meter with mask, snorkel and fins. It is important to us that you speak (basic) English and that you have a similar ideology to the mission of the Gili Shark Conservation Project. We expect from you to be respectful and open minded to the cultural differences that you might encounter during your stay.
- Fill in the application form below with a brief description on why you are interested in joining our program and when your potential start dates would be.
- Add “@gilisharkconservation.com” to your email safe list to ensure that you receive a response.
- Your application will be reviewed by our program manager and you will receive a response within 3 working days. If we accept your application we will send you a short questionnaire to get to know you better and to complete your application.
- Pay your deposit to secure your placement within one week of acceptance.
- Research your destination, book your flight, inoculations and ask us any questions you may have.
- Full amount is to be paid 5 weeks before joining the project.
- A comprehensive information file will be sent to you with all information including a pre-arrival study guide, packing list, essential personal kit list, useful language phrases, project rules, useful phone contacts and full location information.
Please take a moment to review our program prices
before you send your application.